ARTISTIC TRANSITION: OLD MEETS NEW



With the onset of my 50th birthday this past Christmas along with other occurrences in my life, I’ve been given pause to reflect and redirect the focus of my work. One aspect has been emerging rather rapidly over the past year, which is to overcome my previous reluctance to release my grip with the 17th Century and move into the 21st Century. While my Capricorn nature is to gravitate toward all things of age, I have decided to strike a happy balance with the incorporation of traditional subjects presented in a more contemporary compositional format. Additionally, you will see some 20th Century items, recollections of my own childhood that will perhaps recall memories for you as well. I will still paint classical still lifes on occasion, but more effort will be dedicated toward the development of my personal style enhancing my skill level to be worthy of being considered contemporary realism.

No comments: